Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Quote Analysis


Important Meanings


"Outside the front door, in the rain, a faint scratching."
"Under the door sill a slow, probing sniff, an exhalation of electric steam"

These two lines I think will play a pretty big role in the book. When it talks about the scratching, sniffing, and the steam coming through the bottom of the door this makes me think about the robot dog. It does because the dog has been eyeing Guy for a while now and I think the department let it out to search for books. Since Guy has some books I think it has been attracted to the house and might alert the firemen. If the dog is actually hunting Guy down, he might get killed by it. 

2 comments:

  1. Good analyzing of the quote. I like how you predicted what would happen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get your quote now. It would make lots of sense if the dog and the line were connected

    ReplyDelete